Inventory Coordinator / Analyst (22908) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Responsible for handling, reviewing, and processing orders received from Weatherford’s branch plants and operations. Review/determine sourcing alternatives, acting as a liaison between branch plants and Logistics/Supply Chain/Mfg. to confirm pricing and delivery information. Coordinate the fulfillment of the order from request to delivery, resolving any logistics or other issues as they arise.
Perform moderately complex activities related to the maintenance of records and required reports while preparing, upon request, special reports.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review and process Weatherford tagged orders via JDE.
• Process and manage orders related to inventory transfers.
• Review available sourcing alternatives and determine best.
• Communicate with sourcing location to confirm availability & condition.
• Provide order acknowledgements back to branch plants and operations with scheduled completion dates, part numbers, and confirmed pricing.
• Responsible for managing the completion of order from receipt of request through to delivery to requestor; resolve any issues.
• Assist in logistics issues as they relate to tagged orders in process.
• Liaise with business unit supply chain management on manufacturing schedules and on urgent orders.
• Coordinate multiple business unit/plant orders.
• May prepare quotes providing pricing and delivery information.
• May complete requests for cost cross-charges.
• Maintain sales order/purchase order log.
• Process month-end reports (revenue, backlog, open orders, etc.).
• Coordinate product delivery dates.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Identify and document process improvements.
• Minimum of High School Diploma required. A Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Marketing, or Communications) is preferred.
• Some oilfield product knowledge would be a plus.
• Excellent verbal communication skills are required.
• Excellent organization skills/attention to detail is required.
• Demonstrated propensity for active and thorough follow-through is required.
• Software proficiency with MS Office is required.
• Experience using JD Edwards is a plus
• Should be able to work and interact with all levels of personnel.
• Willing to relocate (high probability of relocation domestic/international after +/- 2 year period)
• Work in the warehouse to assemble and disassemble tools
• Work on a drilling rig location
• Willing Travel domestic and international, possibly for long periods of time.