Application Specialist (17147) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Team member role in the implementation and on-going support of PeopleSoft Enterprise One software, customizations of the system, and custom-developed business software applications. Render functional end-user support services in Weatherford’s multi-company, multi-national environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Work with users of PeopleSoft Enterprise One Software focusing on Manufacturing Module to help them in their daily tasks, monitor Helpdesk Software for incidents entered by users to help identify user’s with problems and work with other members of Support/Implementation teams to fix problems.
2) Confer with personnel of organization units to identify user requirements, procedures, identify problems, and provide assistance in understanding how to use the current system to improve and enhance Weatherford’s business.
3) Assist the Training Group and key application users in maintaining an appropriate User Guide for end-user training and on-going field reference.
4) Participate in the error correction and upgrade of the applications as needed.
5) Periodic, project-oriented out-of-town and/or overseas travel may be required for requirements definition and implementation purposes.
6) Potentially significant overtime hours may be required depending on project deadlines and overall business requirements.
7) Any other duties and responsibilities as may be required within the physical constraints of this position.
• Knowledge of Weatherford business activities and the ability to transfer that knowledge to the use of the Enterprise Solution
• Self-starter with a customer-service-oriented attitude.
• Ability to work both alone or as a member of a cross-functional project team with minimal supervision.
• Quality-oriented attention to detail a must - particularly in the areas of application testing, quality assurance and systems documentation.
• Average skills in the major PC-based productivity software applications including: spreadsheets, word processing and e-mail - particularly, knowledge of the Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Education and Experience
Associates degree (A.A.) from a two-year college, one - two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write simple reports, document user issues and contribute to creation of user documents.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.