Technical Trainer (18622) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Contribute to WFT performance through technical training and development programs facilitated around the globe. Develop training materials and present courses for Well Construction Products with a focus on Liner Systems, Cementing Products and Solid Expandable Systems
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT LISTED IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER)
• Conduct training needs analysis to determine performance gaps and performance improvement opportunities associated with Well Construction Products. Determine skills/competencies requirements and develop appropriate learning plans, training objectives and competency materials for engineering and operations. Consult with and provide assistance to employees and management in analysis and resolution of performance-related issues.
• Develop and maintain effective curricula and training deliverables such as quick reference guides, service/instructional manuals, course materials, facilitator guides, training evaluation instruments and presentation materials for training on all aspects related to Well Construction Products.
• Assist with development of standard global procedures that may impact business needs related to performance levels and influence product line training curriculum. Provide internal consulting services to company employees and management for the purpose of improving the overall service and production objectives of the product line.
• Conduct product line training sessions for Liner Systems, Cementing Products and Solid Expandable Systems
• Ensures appropriate training facilities are set up and in order for effective and efficient training delivery. Develop standard minimum requirements for workshop/training facilities and equipment.
• Travel to and conduct training at various locations around the world. Coordinate training with product line managers, regional training managers and local country management. Conduct train-the-trainer for regional trainers.
• In addition to technical product line training, support WFT competency initiatives to promote Competency Assurance Standards including delivery of workshops, and customer seminars.
• Performs ongoing training evaluation to ensure effectiveness. Formulates strategy to promote and leverage opportunities for continuous improvement. Establishes training goals and measures accomplishments against learning objectives. Improves and updates training as required.
• Advanced knowledge of the maintenance, operation, and applications of Liner Systems
• Thorough understanding of the Cementing Products equipment
• Required to have the initiative to be constructive, accept responsibility, and work with little supervision.
• Superior communication and presentation skills.
• Requires advanced computer knowledge - advanced knowledge in Office Suite – advanced knowledge in WPTS – advanced knowledge of Visio
• Understanding of the Weatherford Operational Excellence Process
• Able to adapt and grasp new ideas, master new work, remember instructions, and adjust to job dynamics.
• Experience maintaining key work relationships. This includes work relationships with peers, team-mates, supervisors and students.
• Required to be dependable, and available to work extra hours when required.
• Required to focus on tasks and deadlines as well as produce high quality work.
• Able to read, write and speak English
• Minimum of 5 years of operational experience in Liner Systems
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent
• 2+ years of operational experience in Solid Expandable Systems
• Experience presenting / teaching personnel
• Competency Assessor qualification a plus