Global Technical Trainer Re-Entry Services (25927) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
TO DEVELOP AND DELIVER RE-ENTRY TRAINING MATERIALS & INSTRUCTION TO WEATHERFORD EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS. INCLUDED IN THIS DEVELOPMENT IS THE ONGOING ENHANCEMENT OF TRAINING PROGRAMS TO MEET COMPANY NEEDS AND EMPLOYEE COMPETENCIES. ALSO PART OF THIS JOB REQUIREMENT IS TECHNICAL SUPPORT OF THE RE-ENTRY GROUP WITH REGARDS TO MARKETING, TECHNICAL, AND ENGINEERING NEEDS AS REQUIRED BY THE BUSINESS GROUP.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT LISTED IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER)
• Develop curriculum, course materials, hand-outs, and presentation materials for training internal & external customers in various technical and/or non-technical topics.
• Create and develop learning job aids that are relevant and useful to field service personnel.
• Develop relevant assessment tools and/or tests to gage the level of competency for pre and post course evaluations.
• Continually up-date and improve presentation and materials to stay abreast of new technology and ideas.
• Cooperate with curriculum development team to incorporate contemporary adult learning theory.
• Co-ordinate / schedule all classes with external customers as requested by our external customers.
• Provide consultative services to operations and/or customers when expertise is required.
• Travel to international locations to deliver and facilitate relevant training.
• Facilitate/instruct courses in a relevant discipline for internal customers when necessary.
• Carry out work assignments to the highest quality level.
• Provide support for the Re-Entry product group as required and assigned by supervisor with regards to marketing, sales, technical service, product development and any other technical needs that might be required by the Re-Entry group.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• The ability to complete assigned work within stated deadlines
• Have a thorough technical understanding of various types of proprietary services
• Understand contemporary learning theory and instructional design systems
• Exceptional Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel software applications
• Extensive knowledge of the oilfield service business segments that would benefit from the various topics to be taught
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• The ability to conduct training in both lecture style instruction, classroom setting and one-on-one hands-on instruction
• Ability to work unsupervised, demonstrate initiative and make sound judgments
• Ability to work amiably with a team of equally motivated professionals
• Good technical writing skills
• Previous experience in creating on-line e-learning type training software
• Good questioning techniques, both written and verbal
• Good coaching and mentoring skills
• Experience with sales and marketing strategies, procedures, and objectives
• Previous experience working with engineering groups with regards to product development, product commercial launches, and product support
• 2 years of experience in technical instruction and training with re-entry equipment, practices and procedures
• Bachelors degree in related field
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.