Equipment Operator I (24292) Elk City, Oklahoma
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Safely operate casing/tubing tongs, power units, testing equipment, and other specified oilfield equipment used in tubular makeup and testing services in both and onshore and offshore environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
• Learn the operation and routine maintenance requirements of all tubular services equipment.
• Learn the maintenance procedures as they relate to tubular service equipment.
• Prepare accurate tickets, job reports, time sheets, and other administrative forms.
• Independently operate and perform basic troubleshooting and minor repair of tubular service equipment.
• Assist in job action planning with customer on location.
• Verify all necessary equipment and supplies are on location and in proper working condition.
• Assist in pre-job safety meeting.
• Available on a 24 hour basis to respond to customer needs.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• 1-3 years experience in related field
• Good communication skills
• Familiarity with equipment
• Mechanical aptitude
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.