Petroleum Consulting Business Development/Sales Representative (11755) Calgary, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
The Petroleum Consulting (Formation Evaluation) Business Development/Sales Representative role will actively promote Weatherford’s products to current clients and potential clients in the market place. They will work closely with the current LWD and Wireline Sales group to maintain current clients as well as marketing new types of products and services to current customers. The Petroleum Consulting Representative will also work to develop relationships with clients that we do not currently provide answers for and to demonstrate how our unique solutions can benefit them. This position will work with other Weatherford product lines to provide additional services to their customers (mainly LWD and Wireline) who are not aware of how Petroleum Consulting can add value to their business. This position is instrumental in strategically developing Weatherford Petroleum Consulting Services as an independent Product Line.
- Be able to recognize customers’ needs and industry trends and apply this knowledge to develop business opportunities in the field of formation evaluation and petroleum consulting.
- Advise clients on specific geoscience analysis, services and solutions.
- Gain product knowledge of other Weatherford products and services and work on integrating these services with petroleum consulting.
- Develop knowledge of the product lines interpretations and capabilities.
- Competitor tracking as well as industry trends.
- Maintain existing Weatherford/ Client relationships and build new relationships.
- Provide technical support in the form of formation evaluation internally and externally
- Introduce new and existing products to potential clients in the market place.
- To actively seek new clients for Weatherford
- Prepare professional quotations in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date information on existing work and future work to assist operations on timing.
- Follow up all quotations (won or lost) with clients.
- Act as a liaison between the invoicing department and A/R to ensure Weatherford is able to collect monies on work sold.
- Build internal relationships with peers to assist each other on client knowledge.
- Solid understanding of Petrophysics, Geology and Geomechanics.
- Self motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Team player with positive attitude and energy
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and organizational skills
- Previous Business Development experience an asset
- Professional in manner and appearance
- LWD (Drilling Services), Wireline (OH and CH), SLS and/or Weatherford Labs knowledge is an asset
- Petroleum Industry experience an asset
- Any previous sales experience an asset
- Experienced in SAP, JDE and Excel
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary degree in engineering, geology or geophysics an asset.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.