Rig Assistant Trainee (18899) Odessa, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
- Assists in the installation and servicing of wellsite equipment, including continuous sucker rod, down hole pumps and wellhead drives.
- Ensures tight connections on Corod, polish rod and BOP.
- Ensures proper handling, use and maintenance of equipment and tools on the Corig; informs Rig Operator if any equipment/tools are required.
- Drives a one-ton crew vehicle with crew trailer in a safe manner to well site locations.
- Understands environmental and health and safety hazards; complies with all environmental and safety procedures as set by the Company and the industry.
- Participates in safety drills on a weekly basis.
- Immediately communicates all safety, operational and environmental concerns to the Rig Operator or Field Supervisor.
- Maintains a clean working area: wellsite/lease, rig, truck, and doghouse.
- Ensures all paperwork, e.g. rig tickets, time sheets, etc. are filled out correctly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Observes job procedures and identifies problems or concerns, suggesting areas for process improvement.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge/Experience: oil well servicing experience; knowledge of and compliance with safety and environmental procedures; supervision experience an asset;
- Valid commercial driver's license; First Aid; H2S;
- Able to meet the Physical Requirements of the position
- Available to work various days and hours