Quality Control Inspector, Entry Level - PCPump Edmonton (24664) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Progressing Cavity Pump Rotor and Stator manufacturing, a division of Weatherford®, that is located in Edmonton, is looking to fill the following position:
Quality Control Inspector
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the primary functions of the Quality Control Inspector are:
- Inspecting raw materials to ensure conformance to specified requirements;
- Performing saw, marking machine, test bench operation and their maintenance as instructed/specified;
- Inspecting and approving First off, In-process and Final Inspection on manufactured products;
- Ensuring that Non-Conforming Products are identified, recorded, controlled and that disposition is taken as per Control of Non-conforming product - SOP and maintaining the records for the same;
- Performing Calibration for all applicable measuring equipments and maintaining records for the same;
- Informing the on going quality & departmental issues to Manager, QA;
- Managing and performing general house keeping/daily cleanup of work area;
- Conducting process, product and quality management system internal audits, after formal training;
- Assisting Shipping/Receiving function to facilitate on time deliveries;
- Verifying heat no. and physical quantity with respect to specified Work Order;
- Suggesting process improvements, Promoting team and safe work practices environment;
- Taking initiatives to perform scheduled tasks, maintaining punctuality and good attendance record;
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to follow oral instructions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to read common measuring devices; tapes, micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Ability to discern the best and most accurate method to dimensionally inspect components.
- Should be able to work closely with fellow employees.
- Explicit knowledge of products and processes.
- Participate and adapt successfully in a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of computer operation, Windows, and Microsoft Office.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.