Marking Coordinator (24734) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Product Line Marketing Communications - as determined by Mktg. Comm Mgr.; responsible for:
- Collateral concepting, creation and production through in-house graphics (brochures, presentations, posters, etc.)
- Coordination of global and regional material as needed; monitoring outside vendors, track spending and progress; oversee production
- Assist with year-end communications plan and budgeting
- Oversee photo shoots, communicates graphic and animation needs when necessary
- SharePoint Content – regular review and update of sites
- Regional Liaison Duties – special requests from the regions for Marcomm materials
- Tradeshow point person – assist region with special collateral requests, models, graphics, etc.
- Advertisements – message development within product line, copy writing and graphic needs
- Translated materials – obtain translations and/or quotes if necessary
- Answer corporate identity question
- Press checks with in-house printer and outside printers for collateral / graphics
- Fulfilment – keep current, authorize obsolete inventory with in-house fulfillment department
- Traffic coordination on projects
- Research and Info. collection – for articles, presentations, brochure copy, etc. as needed
- Infrequent domestic travel as needed
Skills & Knowledge
Bachelor’s degree – preferably in marketing, public relations, communications, business, journalism or equivalent.
Drilling Services product knowledge
Oilfield industry familiarity
1 – 3 years entry level marketing/similar position or equivalent
Any Special Requirements
- Computer – Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, some Access); Adobe Acrobat (create PDF’s)
- Written and verbal business communication skills
- Image Scanning – cropping and setup of images in Photoshop
- Weekly written updates on project(s) status to Marketing Managers
- Ability to work on deadlines
- Some overtime as required to meet deadlines
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.