General Manager - Manufacturing (22743) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
As the General Manufacturing Manager you will be responsible for 6 direct reports in an operation with 450+ employees and accountable for over 100M in operations.
Additional duties include:
- Confer with organization officials to plan business objectives, to develop organizational policies to coordinate function and operations between departments, and establish responsibility and procedure for attaining objectives
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives
- Work closely with the Industrial Engineering/Continuous Improvement Department to apply the best practices and Lean Manufacturing tools within the competitive market to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure adherence to safety policies and procedures that promote health and welfare of all personnel.
- Manage a staff of supervisors to ensure timely distribution of product within the standards of budget, policies, procedures, and quality to satisfy the requirements of Weatherford divisions.
- Develop and implement programs and procedures to increase production.
- Create strategies to process and control merchandise flow within facilities.
- Train and develop supervisors to provide management depth.
- Handle complaints and grievances.
- Ensure efficient space utilization within the facilities.
- With assistance from HR: recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- At least 5 years in senior manufacturing management position
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Degree is preferred
- Working knowledge of budgets and financials
- Ability to drive and transform change within Safety, Quality & Production in a manufacturing environment
- Proven Lean Manufacturing skills & experience
- Autonomous role – must have strong leadership and mentoring skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Results driven professional with an ability to work in dynamic and changing environment
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as relocation assistance.