Account Manager - Drilling Fluids & Specialty Chemicals (18246) Calgary, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford is currently seeking an Account Manager to support the sales of Drilling Fluids and Specialty Chemicals within our Engineered Chemistry division based in Calgary, AB.
This position is accountable for the development, coordination and implementation of strategies, programs and business plans that will increase the success of Weatherford. Initially you will be responsible for direct customer sales and face to face contact. As the business grows, you will be part of a team of Account Managers to ensure Weatherford has maximized presence in order to develop and expand the Drilling Fluids and Specialty chemicals market of Weatherford products and services. You will support and participate in effective cross- selling activities with other Weatherford product lines.
- Assume and Manage existing Drilling Specialty Products and Drilling Oil accounts as defined by the Sales Manager.
- Face to Face sales calls with existing customers on regular basis.
- Explore geographical expansion opportunities with new customers from Coast to Coast.
- Explore new markets for Drilling Oil and Specialty Chemicals within the Oil and Gas Business.
Strategy & Planning
- Stays current with trends and new developments related to Drilling Oil and Chemical practices.
- Based on the direction and objectives of the company, help develop and execute a strategic plan for Weatherford and participate in the ongoing process. Participate in an action plan and initiatives to develop and challenge the team. Inspire the team and all employees to achieve excellence and to seek continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Participate in the direct the development and implementation of projects of strategic importance to the TEAM.
- Participate in the business development, product line strategies and cross-product line strategies to profitably grow the business.
- Participate in sales strategy sessions to plan activities congruent with overall client development plan.
- Source and stay abreast of competitive industry and market intelligence, providing feedback for lead generation, to support recommendations, for sales positioning and to identify developing opportunities.
- Participate in the design and implementation of cross selling sales initiatives for targeted customers.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree and/or Management Certificate or Technical School in Engineering
- 3+ years related sales experience in Drilling Fluids and Specialty Chemicals, TDG.
- Valid driver's license with clean abstract
- Related industry experience and asset
- Good communication skills bot verbal & written
- Successful completion of a pre-employment Medical and Drug & Alcohol Test.
- Due to the nature of working with chemicals, qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pulmonary Function Test and be fit with a respirator.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.