Quality Control Inspector Entry Level - PCPump (Edmonton) (24665) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
One of the largest global providers, Weatherford® helps build innovative mechanical solutions, technology applications, and services for all phases of oil and gas developments. Weatherford® operates in over 100 countries and employs more than 40,000 people worldwide.
Progressing Cavity Pump Rotor and Stator manufacturing, a division of Weatherford®, that is located in Edmonton, is looking to fill 3 Entry Level Quality Control Inspector positions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- While adhering to standard safety and quality operational policies and procedures, the primary functions of the Quality Control Inspector are:
- Inspecting raw materials to ensure conformance to specified requirements;
- Performing saw, marking machine, test bench operation and their maintenance as instructed/specified;
- Inspecting and approving First off, In-process and Final Inspection on manufactured products;
- Ensuring that Non-Conforming Products are identified, recorded, controlled and that disposition is taken as per Control of Non-conforming product - SOP and maintaining the records for the same;
- Performing Calibration for all applicable measuring equipments and maintaining records for the same;
- Informing the on going quality & departmental issues to Manager, QA;
- Managing and performing general house keeping/daily cleanup of work area;
- Conducting process, product and quality management system internal audits, after formal training;
- Assisting Shipping/Receiving function to facilitate on time deliveries;
- Verifying heat no. and physical quantity with respect to specified Work Order;
- Suggesting process improvements, Promoting team and safe work practices environment;
- Taking initiatives to perform scheduled tasks, maintaining punctuality and good attendance record;
- High School Diploma or GED; equivalent work experience will be considered
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of measuring tools and measurement principles
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements or other Quality standards
- Quality Assurance/control training is an asset.
- Safety oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- This is considered a safety sensitive role. Successful completion of a pre-employment medical, drug & alcohol test are mandatory
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.