QHSSE Coordinator, Edmonton Alberta (24966) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
- Providing support and coaching to management and staff to meet Legislation and Corporate QHSSE Policy and Rules
- Taking a leadership role in the development/implementation of the WFT QHSSE Management system through conducting systems audits, meeting overall WFT QHSSE goals and objectives to manage change, detect deficiencies within the QHSSE management systems by relying on experience, education and training;
- Assistance in program delivery, implementation of action plans, training and communications to management/employees.
- Preparing training schedules and coordinating/delivering QHSSE training.
- Participating in work site inspections to identify, assess and manage workplace hazards, assist management in the process to determine and prioritize root causes of accidents through comprehensive investigations and subsequent corrective actions.
- Assisting with monthly and yearly incident statistics and the auditing process
- Satisfactory completion of audits or other evaluation processes that verify the existence and effectiveness of QHSSE management systems.
- Implementation of proactive systems that lead to prevention of losses of all sorts.
- Participate in incident investigations with operational staff.
- Development of action logs or other methods of tracking corrective / preventive actions to ensure satisfactory implementation and closure.
- Ensure field crews have access to training and materials which enable and ensure the delivery of services in a safe, consistent, and efficient manner.
- Ensure licenses, permits and operating authorities required by the business are at all times complete and in good standing.
- 3-5 years QHSSE related experience
- Post secondary education (diploma or certificate) in a QHSSE related program
- Experience in the upstream petroleum industry (preferred)
- Experience in Health and Safety a benefit but willing to train.
- Basic knowledge of local community, customer, and legislative expectations or requirements and considered in the day to day activities of the business.
- Working knowledge of MS computer software including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to coordinate required tasks on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively and multitask
- Team player with positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills and problem solving ability
- Good Verbal and written communications
- Exceptional listening skills
- CRSP designation an asset
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development