Maintenance Technician (MAI-13-00002) New Berlin, New York
Maintenance Technicians! Come join the #1 yogurt brand in the country! Our journey is only beginning!
Are you seeking a career with a manufacturing company that consciously chooses to do things differently? We got our start making yogurt, but trust us! We are more than just that! We’re a team of passionate people and we are looking for a Maintenance Planner who will join the Chobani family in New Berlin, NY.
Make an Impact: Maintenance Technician Roles & Responsibilities
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical systems
- Capable of identifying and correcting problems such as: electrical/control systems, (sensors, limit switches, solenoids, motors, Servos, PLC programming, PID loops, etc.) and Mechanical systems (pumps, vacuum pumps, belt drives, gear reduction drives, piping, valve diagnosis and replacement, air handling systems, material delivery systems, etc.)
- Identifies and implements safety and continuous improvements, equipment calibrations and reliability opportunities.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, motor control devices, pumps, conveyor systems, instrumentation, and all production equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and mechanical and electrical testing instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing operation workers of routine preventative maintenance and operation techniques; monitoring compliance and reporting to supervisor as necessary. Provides mechanical maintenance and other general information as necessary to prevent equipment damage; answers question to related maintenance issues.
- Fabricates repair parts or additions for process as necessary.
- Serves as an “Expert" resource, providing training and assistance to Operations and other support groups.
Be Successful: Maintenance Technician
- Five to ten years of related experience required
- Ability to use hand tools and knowledge of associated safety procedures
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Mechanical aptitude, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with vendors, contractors, and company employees.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Passion…Vision…America’s #1 Greek Yogurt. That’s Chobani! We changed the way people think about and eat yogurt. Let us change the way you think about work. Join our team today!
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally.