Category Manager (13-136) Cincinnati, Ohio
Chobani was founded in 2005 with the belief that people have great taste, they just need great options. Hence the vision for Chobani was born – to give consumers access to authentically crafted, delicious, better-for-you food products.
Since then, Chobani has sky-rocketed in numbers, and is America's #1 selling yogurt brand today. With three manufacturing plants and several offices around the globe, the Chobani family is growing quickly.
As a company, we’re proud to offer careers with limitless opportunities in a fast-paced environment, outstanding co-workers and a chance to make a difference. Members of “Team CHO” are in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing business with an exciting future. And we’re always looking for passionate, hard working, nothing but good people to join us as we strive to bring people better options, one cup at a time.
Are you seeking a career with a manufacturing company who consciously chooses to do things differently? We got our start making yogurt, but trust us! We are more than just that! We're a team of passionate people and we are looking for a Category Manager who will join the Chobani family in Cincinnati, OH.
In this exciting role, the Category Manager will be responsible for developing insights and recommendations to drive key decisions in the assigned accounts using syndicated data and consumer insights. This individual will work with the Sales and Marketing teams and align with the specified accounts to ensure execution of Chobani strategies and goals.
- Address complex business problems leveraging multiple data sources, tools, analytics, consumer and shopper insights.
- Utilize syndicated data, account-specific data, consumer and shopper insights to create direction for the category within assigned accounts.
- Effectively analyze various reports in order to obtain pertinent and accurate information while tracking key performance indicators versus objectives.
- Ad-Hoc Business reporting necessary to answer time sensitive questions.
- Interact with senior sales, marketing, trade marketing and category management peers.
- Generate strategic and tactical 4P's analysis including (but not limited to): space planning, forecasting, pricing analysis, post-event analysis.
- Develop new tools and templates to simplify the analysis process as well as the output to the sales team.
- Create customer specific presentations with relevant consumer insights, competitive insight and recommendations in preparation for top to tops, quarterly business reviews and category reviews with assigned customers.
- Deliver Category Management presentations to assigned customers and/or internal partners to strengthen partnerships and grow category.
- Understand the strategies and tactics of assigned customers to provide growth strategies that align with both companies.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Category Management/Analyst or Sales role within Kroger or working with Kroger
- Minimum of 5 Years in Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- 3+ Years Nielsen and/or IRI experience is required --- Consumer panel data; Homescan, Spectra, ShopperSights, Dunnhumby, Market6
- Proven analytical skills & ability to successfully integrate different streams of information into sound propositions.
- Understand tools and techniques to merchandise and market at retail.
- Proven political understanding & resilience demonstrating the ability to operate on their own with customers.
- Capable of building strong networks and working relationships by effectively influencing people that are cross-functional.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE