Procurement Assistant (PUR-12-00002) Norwich, New York
Release your inner Chobaniac and join “Team CHO”.
Are you seeking a Procurement position with limitless opportunities in a fast-paced environment? Do you want and need to be inspired? Would you like to be part of a story that is beyond imagination? Your new position as a Procurement Assistant will provide just that!
In this exciting role, you will provide administrative support to the Procurement team, aiding in the successful department initiatives that deliver significant savings. Will be responsible for the volume purchasing of supplies, materials and equipment.
Make an Impact: Procurement Assistant Roles & Responsibilities
• Assists purchasing department team members as needed.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining AX ERP system.
• Maintains daily records of documentation.
• Tracking orders.
• Maintain filing and storage of documents.
• Assists suppliers with questions and RFQ process.
Be Successful: Procurement Assistant Requirements
• High school degree or GED.
• Minimum 5 years of administrative experience in marketing.
• Ability to establish and maintain priorities in order to complete assignments by deadlines without detailed instructions.
• Average proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with positive, customer-orientation combined with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, fast-paced, deadline driven and extremely rapidly changing environment.
• Highly motivated, self-directed and operates with minimal supervision.
• Marketing experience within the Dairy industry preferred.
• Experience working in a multi-site environment preferred.
• Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
Skills and Abilities Required
• Knowledge or experience in following very strict guidelines such as GMPs, SQF, ISO certifications and programs.
• Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to visit the South Edmonston office.
Passion…Vision…America’s #1 Greek Yogurt. That’s Chobani! We changed the way people think about and eat yogurt. Let’s us change the way you think about work. Join our team today!
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally.