IT Application Project Manager (INF-13-00006) Norwich, New York
IT Application Project Manager is a key player in a fast paced environment!
…. for the Largest Yogurt Manufacturing Plant in the U.S. - and probably the world!
Are you seeking a career with a manufacturing company who consciously chooses to do things differently? We got our start making yogurt, but trust us! We are more than just that! We’re a team of passionate people and we are looking for an IT Application Project Manager who will join the Chobani family in Norwich, NY.
In this exciting role your primary responsibility is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. This individual will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
You will be a key player in a fast paced environment where a “can do” attitude and “thinking out of the box” is the Chobani way.
Make an Impact - IT Application Project Manager Roles & Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Be Successful - IT Application Project Manager Education and Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Information Technology.
• PMP Certification required.
• Minimum of 10 years’ direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing multiple multimillion dollar projects at the same time
• Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project 2010 or higher
• Familiar with programming languages, including C#, C++ and Microsoft .Net framework 4.0 and higher.
• Database and operating systems experience with Microsoft SQL 2008R2 and Window 2008 R2.
• Competent and proficient understanding of Microsoft’s Application Architecture and design
• Strong understanding of the System development life cycle and the importance of managing application code change controls.
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
• Technically competent with internet technologies and client/ server distributed systems.
Passion…Vision…America’s #1 Greek Yogurt. That’s Chobani! We changed the way people think about and eat yogurt. Let’s us change the way you think about work. Join our team today!
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally.