Microbiologist (QUA-13-00004c) New Berlin, New York
Microbiologists! Come join the #1 yogurt brand in the country! Our journey is only the beginning!
Are you seeking a career with a manufacturing company who consciously chooses to do things differently? We got our start making yogurt, but trust us! We are more than just that! We’re a team of passionate people and we are looking for a Microbiologist who will join the Chobani family in New Berlin, NY.
In this exciting role you will works to understand the processes involving micro-organisms in food with the goal of improving food production and food safety. They may concentrate in processing, shelve life, sensory, testing, sanitation, packaging, preservation, corrective and preventative actions, root cause analysis, problem solving, storage or distribution procedures, or may work to improve the entire process for a particular type of food. The food microbiologists may also study outbreaks of food-borne illness and track the origin and spread of the illness to help prevent future outbreaks.
Chobani Greek Yogurt is seeking a Microbiologist with technical expertise and project management oversight to support microbiology initiatives for the Industrial biocides and preservatives business.
Make an Impact: Microbiologist Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, conduct, and interpret microbiological experiments accreditation for the QA Lab.(antimicrobial efficacy testing, microbial identification, algae/fungal defacement tests, etc.) NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology).
- Method development and validation.
- Develop and update lab SOP, Plant Environment Program and training manual, specification, sensory and R&D experience with laboratory stands (ISO, GLP, and Golden Standards).
- Write and issue internal and customer reports.
- Analyst, organize, and document results and logically present in team/project meetings.
- Assist customers in the selection of adequate preservative systems for their products.
- Develop customer presentations.
- Handle customer visits for plan audits, TSR reviews, or technical reviews as needed.
- Participate in strategy development.
- Project management.
Be Successful – Microbiologist Education & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in similar field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology strongly preferred.
- Similar experience as a Microbiologist with a minimum of 2 + years’ experience in food manufacturing.
- Leadership experience; experience managing direct reports preferred.
- Familiar with antimicrobial testing procedures.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring techniques and sanitization procedures.
- Excellent computer skills, experience, creating reports, developing programs and knowledge with various QA Lab equipment, methods, elements, and applications.
Must be willing and able to travel 30-40% of the time.
Passion…Vision…America’s #1 Greek Yogurt. That’s Chobani! We changed the way people think about and eat yogurt. Let us change the way you think about work. Join our team today!
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally.