Trial Consultant (LEX0081U) Phoenix, Arizona
Sanction Solutions trial technology consultants recommend, implement and operate hardware and software solutions for the courtroom and war room, allowing trial teams to focus on trial preparation. Our experience in trial presentation allows our consultants to integrate seamlessly and become a natural extension of our client’s trial team.
The Trial Technology Consultant will consult and manage the entire technological process from pre-trial drafting of battle plan through execution in the courtroom. Successful candidates will have several years of litigation experience, ideally courtroom operator experience, on-site trial support, and extensive knowledge of trial presentation applications, database management, video and transcript management and other litigation technology applications.
• Provide superior, industry-leading client service.
• Directly control courtroom evidence presentation for Sanction clients using Sanction.
• Consult with attorneys and staff in the war room to prepare electronic courtroom presentations that support opening and closing statements and witness examinations.
• Plan, set-up and maintain courtroom equipment during trial, including audio-visual equipment.
• Provide on-site client support 80% of the time at trial locations to support war room and courtroom efforts.
• Coordinate and conduct meetings with clients to design appropriate courtroom and war room set-up and logistics.
• Serve as liaison with opposing counsel’s technology consultant regarding courtroom equipment sharing.
• Demonstrate Sanction for prospective client meetings.
• Prior experience using trial presentation software with such programs as Sanction and/or Trial Director.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Courtroom "hot seat" experience.
• On-site war room experience.
• Minimum 3 years of litigation experience, preferably in a litigation support or a litigation paralegal role.
• Minimum 1 year video editing experience.
• Ability to provide efficient and effective problem solving resolutions; provide service in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
• Possess “grace under pressure.”
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, Windows, Summation/Concordance or like discovery management database applications, scanning software, and presentation software.
• Possess expert knowledge of computer hardware and software.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Proficient knowledge to support audiovisual equipment, applications and hardware use.
• Familiarity with litigation process from discovery through trial.
• Computer technology certification or equivalent job experience.
• Minimum 1 year experience using other litigation technology applications such as LiveNote, CaseMap, Summation, Concordance, Ringtail, RealLegal Binder, and IPRO for case preparation and assisting with the trial while in the courtroom.
• Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.