Senior Technical Consultant (LEX0066U) Oak Brook, Illinois
- Senior Technical Consultants work on project teams and will configure and test standard and custom client solutions built on our client-server, web, and relational database technologies. InterAction enables Client Relationship Management ("CRM"), which is keenly focused on the needs of the Professional Services marketplace, where relationships are critical to sustaining and growing our client's business.
The Senior Technical Consultant will work closely with project managers and CRM business process experts, sometimes serving as the Technical Lead to deliver meaningful business solutions to our clients. Our clients are the world's premier Professional Services organizations - Law Firms, Investment Banks, Asset Management Firms, Consultancies and Accounting Firms. Consultants on the team will also have the opportunity to provide feedback to our product management team to help with continuous improvement of our product.
Senior Technical Consultant skills and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Independently complete basic/core InterAction installation, including Outlook sync, in client environment; mentor technical consultants on installation and review installation documentation; independently troubleshoot client environment issues; analyze and communicate installation updates for new versions/service packs to technical consultants.
• Serve as liaison for software bugs related to client projects.
• Be aware of current version compatibility and requirements; lead hardware, software, and environment discussion with clients; independently perform and document Technical Architecture Review of client environment.
• Independently perform data analysis, document data conversion requirements and mapping; independently scope data conversions and integrations; mentor Associates and Consultants on data analysis and data mapping techniques; maintain data analysis and data mapping methodology; serve as Tech Lead on complex data analysis and mapping.
• Independently perform complex data conversions including relationships and/or activities; serve as Tech Lead on simple and complex data conversions; mentor Associates and Consultants on proper data conversion techniques; maintain data conversion methodology.
• Independently perform complex data integrations, such as with Rippe & Kingston or Peoplesoft, using Application Collaboration; mentor Associates and Consultants in proper data integration techniques; maintain data integration methodology.
• Independently build complex custom data integrations using Application Collaboration and/or other tools such as the InterAction API; mentor Consultants in proper custom integration methodology.
• Scope web customizations with Principal review; independently design and develop web customizations; review/QA Technical Consultant web customizations.
• Independently scope, design, and develop complex custom reports; mentor and coach Consultants on proper custom report development that cannot be created using out-of-the-box InterAction tools, such as reports requiring custom scripts or reporting database; work with Principal or Technical Architect to design reporting solution.
• Independently perform multi-step upgrades; perform pre-upgrade analysis for multi-step upgrades; document technical components of upgrade plan; serve as Tech Lead for complex upgrades.
• Independently write medium to complex SQL queries against the InterAction database. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or greater and some advanced features such as replication, triggers, and query optimization. Mentor Associates and Consultants in proper techniques on building complex SQL queries.
• Independently scope, design, and build medium to complex applications utilizing the InterAction .NET API. Conduct InterAction .NET API workshops with clients providing an overview. Mentor and coach Consultants on proper InterAction .NET API development techniques.
• Independently write medium to complex SSIS packages for Application Collaboration data integrations utilizing advanced SSIS features such as error logging, flow control, and scripting tasks; mentor and coach Technical Consultants on advanced features.
• Independently scope, design, and build complex custom SSRS reports. Mentor Consultants in proper custom reporting methodology.
• Independently scope, design, and build basic to medium-complexity C#.NET applications; mentor Technical Consultants in proper C#.NET coding features and techniques; participate in building C#.NET coding methodology.
• Build simple SharePoint webparts with mentor oversight.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 years experience with object oriented languages (C# or VB.Net)
- 3 years experience with .Net Framework 2.0 or higher
- 2 years experience with databases, SQL, stored procedures, understanding and application of DB design principles
- 2 years of work experience in an analytical role identifying and solving problems
- Position requires a willingness to travel 60% of the time on average. Occasional periods of 100% travel may be required. To date, this has not included any long-term (> 1 month) out of town assignments.
- MUST have an understanding of the consulting lifestyle. At times, client commitments will require extensive overtime. A 50-hour week should be the baseline expectation - higher at peaks.