Territory Manager - Dayton or Cincinnati (LEX007W8) Dayton, Ohio
As a Territory Manager (TM), you will have the opportunity to grow the territory primarily through selling new business to prospects, upselling and selling new business to existing accounts, and retaining renewal revenue within high spend research accounts. This person will work individually as well as lead a group of sales specialists to drive all assigned LexisNexis Solutions within the assigned territory including 1-50 law firms and assigned State and Local Government accounts.
Leads territory, account and opportunity planning for all solution lines including effectively prioritizing accounts based upon action planning to determine proper allocation of resources needed. Meets or exceeds monthly, quarterly and yearly new business, revenue, and solution line goals. Leads account team and collaborates/partners with telephonic resources, Solutions Consultant and Segment Planning to achieve or exceed new business and revenue goals. Maintains and utilizes available sales tools including sales Customer Relationship Management system. Provide accurate forecasts customer, competitive and market intelligence to management and business leadership. Networks and builds relationships within territory in order to further business relationships, initiate lead generation and drive preference for LN products and services. Effectively uses Opportunity Management tools and techniques to manage territory, team effectively and exceed goals.
In order to succeed in this role, you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
1. Five years successful B2B sales experience, preferably with selling complex solutions.
2. Must have good comprehension of technical tools, systems and resources.
3. Proficient in PC/Internet technologies.
4. Experience in using Seibel software programs is desirable.
5. Account management and new business development experience with revenue responsibility.
6. Ability to lead, direct and motivate teammates and resources to achieve or exceed team and shared goals
7. Travel up to 50% depending on geography/territory is required.
8. Well documented, strong selling skills (over several years) including prospecting, qualifying, pipeline management, negotiation, presentation and closing skills.
9. Exceptional communication and teaming skills.
10. Strong work ethic.
11. Ability and commitment to independently learn a vast and complex product offering.
12. Ability to effectively navigate a complex and highly matrixed sales organization and business.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer