Courtlink Specialist - Washington DC (LEX007P8) Washington, District of Columbia
This position exists to renew, grow and acquire new business for CourtLink in an assigned territory through driving increased awareness of the value and competitive differentiators of CourtLink through presentations, training, demonstrations, client relationships and client maintenance. Responsibilities include securing new CourtLink contracts and driving transactional utilization of CourtLink in an assigned territory for existing CourtLink customers, new Courtlink customers, existing or new LexisNexis customers (UPs), coordinating firm-wide roll-outs of CourtLink throughout each of the firm's locations and training on CourtLink to drive market share. Job requires the individual to be a CourtLink expert with deep product domain and competitive knowledge, and leader/champion in the territory, Market Area and law firm community.
1. Meets or exceeds revenue goals by driving market share, selling new and growing as well as maintaining existing contracts and preference for CourtLink.
2. Expands the user base in accounts by strategically increasing the number of active users through active targeting of high potential users and driving increased use from existing users. Develops strong relationships with key users including but not limited to Docket Clerks.
3. Demonstrates deep level of product knowledge, strong sales and presentation skills as well as knowledge of appropriate applications for all aspects of the CourtLink product, including clearly articulating the competitive differentiators to retain, grow CourtLink revenue and promote the value of Courtlink to all legal professionals within an assigned territory.
4. Identifies and targets revenue growth opportunities and at risk accounts within assigned territory, including but not limited to competitive take-aways, cold-calling and transactional conversion targets, while working in conjunction with Client Managers, Account Executives, Research Consultants, Regional Sales Managers, Litigation Specialists and Librarian Relations Consultants. Timely and close collaboration with Large Law Sales team to identify and create a plan to effectively address at risk accounts.
5. Develops creative territory marketing strategies aimed at positioning Courtlink as the superior source in meeting the customer's legal and business information needs amongst the competitive choices.
6. Proactively and aggressively increases awareness within firms of Courtlink competitive differentiators and superiority, develops and implements tailored seminars for various areas of law, which clearly communicate CourtLink advantages over competitors.
7. Establish and maintain strong customer relationships at all levels, including but not limited to: Partners, Docket Clerks, Practice Area Leaders, Librarians, Attorneys and Associates; acts as liaison between LexisNexis and external customers in order to provide superior service.
1. BS/BA or equivalent experience required. JD, MBA a plus.
2. 5-7 years proven sales experience, preferably in a legal environment. JD or MBA with 3-5 years sales/sales support experience a plus.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. An outstanding sales professional with strong persuasion, listening, negotiation and closing skills. Proactively seeks new prospects, upselling and new opportunities.
4. Outstanding collaboration and teaming skills to work effectively as part of a team accomplishing mutual team goals.
5. Demonstrates outstanding networking capabilities and exhibits a professional demeanor, business maturity, and an understanding of the purpose of LexisNexis and competitive strategies, pricing and products.
6. Possess a deep understanding of the legal environment, competitive landscape, market conditions and trends. Shares information on Market and territory with manager and Large Law Segment and Sales leaders.
7. Maintains an ongoing expertise and knowledge of current technology solutions within the legal market.
8. Requires local and/or overnight business travel up to at least 50%.
9. Must be able to lift or carry laptop and sales collateral of approximately 25 lbs.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer