Account Executive - State Net (LEX007V2) Boston, Massachusetts
The field based sales position is responsible for driving new business revenue in an assigned territory by selling appropriate State Net solutions to corporations, trade associations, law firms, and government agencies.
1. Meet or exceed monthly and yearly revenue objectives.
2. Develop strategic sales plans for prospects that include identifying new revenue growth opportunities in the assigned territory, developing creative demand generation strategies aimed at positioning State Net as the superior source in meeting the potential buyers legislative and regulatory tracking needs, managing all resources necessary to secure the business, (i.e. technical and product support, tactical marketing, pricing, etc.), forecasting revenue, developing key contacts and business relationships with influential individuals and high level decision makers, and identifying competitive threats and developing effective countermeasures.
3. Sell the value of State Net to corporations, trade associations, law firms, and government agencies within an assigned territory by articulating how our solutions meet their legislative and regulatory tracking needs. This will be accomplished through cold calling to secure first appointments, advancing appointments, closing appointments, consulting sessions and group presentations.
4. Understand the value of State Net products and pricing as well as competitive offerings and articulate State Net benefits in a manner meaningful to a customer.
5. Develop an in-depth understanding of all State Net products and competitive products to articulate the benefits and advantages of State Net products, and handle customer concerns or objections.
6. Other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
2. 3-5 years proven business to business solution sales experience; preferably in new business generation and selling into the government affairs, legislative/regulatory market
3. In depth industry knowledge and the ability to quickly develop an in-depth understanding of LN products and services
4. Understanding and expertise in computer hardware and software including Windows XP, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and the Internet
5. Experience working in a highly complex matrixed corporate environment
6. Strong oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
7. Strong time management, organizational and forecasting skills
8. Strong new business prospecting skills including but not limited to cold calling, networking, negotiation and closing
9. Deep understanding of Strategic Selling, Value selling, Team Selling, and CRM systems (Siebel is preferred)
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer