US PPS Product Line Director (30035) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— well construction, formation evaluation, completion and production— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Responsible for the strategic direction of a product line. The PLM must understand the internal and external needs of the product line (Business Unit) in the regions under his direction. At the same time, balance sales and operational needs while maximizing market penetration and profitability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets regularly with customers, sales, and management to understand the market, competitive landscape, and applications.
- Development and communication of product strategies; definition, price, optimum mix of market penetration vs. acceptable margins with the various business unit managers. .
- Work in conjunction with leadership to set priorities relative to the development of new products for the region.
- Develop marketing strategies in coordination with the various regional business unit managers
- Communicates and strategizes with the sales team on all related client issues for both internal & external sales.
- Develop new marketing tools for existing products as well as new products or technologies
- Works with region Business Unit Managers to evaluate, understand, and prepare forecast by branch location within their regional areas of responsibility.
- Creates and maintains business plans and customer outlook for each active and proposed location within their regional areas of responsibility.
- Prepares and submits product forecast and manufacturing build plans, working to insure competitive deliveries, optimum inventory position, and customer satisfaction.
- Direct the Regional Operations leadership team to fulfil the Business Unit’s strategic objective for the region.
- Works with financial analyst in maintaining a competitive database for all products including product performance (revenue, margins) and market penetration.
- Recommends pricing strategy and adjustment on an annual basis to management.
- Prepares and distributes product line reports. Prepares forecast with BDM and BUM.
- Work with technical support team efforts in international quotations.
- Improves customer perception with emphasis on customer service.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Business degree plus 15+ years experience in Pressure Pumping (mainly stimulation/frac)
- Senior operations management experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience in managing project's campaigns, coordinating team members, developing timetables and setting deadlines in order to achieve business unit objectives
- Product line knowledge
- Familiarity with mathematical operations such as frequency distributions, test reliability and validity, variance analysis, correlation techniques, and factor analysis
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.