Manager Accounts Payable Solutions (LEX008F7) Dayton, Ohio
The Accounts Payable Solutions Manager manages daily accounts payable functions; identifies opportunities to improve process efficiency; leads projects that improve process efficiency through process re-design and new automation including employment of global technology standards where feasible; strengthens business processes by ensuring compliance with IRS, Sarbanes Oxley and internal rules and regulations; supervises a team that must provide high-quality and cost effective results while providing outstanding customer service to supported organizations.
1. Manage and optimize AP operations and assigned projects as a critical function of the global Procure-to-Pay (P2P) operation. This includes management of daily AP and T&E responsibilities, monthly accounting and analytical reporting, and annual US statutory reporting requirements including 1099’s and escheatment.
2. Manage the Accounts Payable staff to optimize individual performance and team results. Define annual employee performance objectives and provide feedback and coaching through individual meetings and collaborative team exercises.
3. Provide support to finance and system projects by participating in the development of new global processes and the evaluation of new global technology solutions and standards.
4. Support the corporate T&E and P-Card programs developing, implementing and enforcing policies and controls. Support also includes development of new processes and controls when there is a change in corporate card providers.
5. Collaborate with IT and AP staff to develop and prepare formal project concepts and business cases for new technology and processes that improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of AP operations.
6. Monitor the AP segregation of duties and update Sarbanes Oxley documentation to ensure strong controls and compliance. Work closely with internal and public auditors to deliver required data in a timely and organized manner.
7. Integrate acquired company’s AP operations into Accounts Payable Shared Services. This entails a thorough understanding of the acquired company’s business needs and a seamless transition of work.
8. Provide analytical support for balance sheet accounts related to Accounts Payable. This entails analyzing, forecasting and reporting on Accounts Payable Trade and Invoice Accrual accounts using Hyperion and Essbase.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
1. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance, MBA or CPA a plus.
2. 5-7 years of managing a high-volume AP operation in a global, shared services environment and 1-3 years of experience managing staff. Management of BPO resources is desired.
3. Advanced computer skills utilizing Accounting ERP systems, workflow, imaging and OCR applications, as well as Microsoft Office software to work efficiently, analyze data, provide reports, and upgrade and test new processes as needed.
4. Demonstrated skills in problem-solving, analysis, decision-making, and forward-thinking in a technology-driven environment.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with all staff levels and business groups across the organization.
6. Team-oriented with ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams.
7. Strong leadership qualities to take initiative, develop and update team priorities, coach and reward staff members, and achieve strong results by influencing and working through others.