Government Consultant (LEX006MA) Washington, District of Columbia
Basic Job Function - This position exists to retain and grow revenue by maximizing integration of online solutions though consultative services for federal government customers. The Government Consultant is part of a trusted team of customer-facing experts, who deliver the unique value proposition of LexisNexis products, content and tools.
1. Sell the value of LexisNexis to all federal government professionals within an assigned territory by maximizing use and understanding of LexisNexis products, content and tools (including application-based training presentations, consultative sales calls with account managers, seminars and demonstrations).
2. Develop strategic sales plans using business analytics tools to identify and track revenue trends, recognize sales opportunities, target specific sales activities and analyze competitive threats.
3. Develop creative marketing strategies aimed at positioning LexisNexis as the superior source in meeting the customer's informational needs. Develop tailored seminars for various subject areas, which clearly communicate LexisNexis advantages over other services.
4. Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships at all levels, and act as liaison between internal and external customers in order to provide superior service.
5. Work closely with the Account Manager (and other sales professionals) to develop and implement plans which identify sales strategies, assess revenue potential, and outline targeted activities to maximize revenue opportunities.
6. Propose and coordinate the implementation of new and customized applications of LexisNexis products and services to lead to greater revenue.
7. Collect and share feature/functionality requirements from customers and work with internal product/content development to ensure customers' needs are identified for new product offerings.
8. Evaluate trends within federal government territory. Make recommendations on how the company can best position itself to meet existing and future customer needs.
9. Periodic business travel within assigned territory.
LexisNexis is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting, and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis and Nexis services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK] (company website ), LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 15,000 employees worldwide.
1. BS/BA or equivalent required. JD or Graduate level degree preferred.
2. 5-7 years business experience, including 2 years of successful sales or consulting experience
3. Strong oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. In-depth understanding of the legal and/or investigative research process and have the ability to quickly develop a strong understanding of LexisNexis products, content and tools.
6. Demonstrate outstanding networking capabilities and exhibit a professional demeanor, business maturity, and technical knowledge.
7. Able to work as part of a team, accomplishing mutual team goals.