Senior Financial Analyst (LEX008D1) Dayton, Ohio
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the General Accounting team and performs analytical and/or financial functions including financial analysis which may impact multiple functional areas. The position deals with issues of complexity which require decision making and creative solutions. This position may plan, coordinate and schedule individuals and/or team efforts.
- Gathers, interprets and analyzes information.
- Prepares and analyzes schedules, reports or journal entries.
- Performs and occasionally leads special projects as assigned.
- Identifies underlying, potential or complex problem areas and makes recommendations to appropriate levels of management and assists with implementation.
- Develops processes and implements improvements.
- Directs efforts of others to assist in project completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance; MBA preferred; individuals without a degree should demonstrate equivalent abilities and skill sets
- CPA Certification is required
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years prior experience of substantial diverse financial analysis and accounting
- Advanced personal computer skills including spreadsheets, query and database management programs and in depth understanding of financial/accounting systems and software.
- Understanding of the roles and relationship of organizational units and processes are necessary to be successful in this role
LexisNexis is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting, and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis and Nexis services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK] (www.reedelsevier.com ), LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 15,000 employees worldwide.