Regional Portfolio Manager, Eastern Canada (2497) Toronto, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Regional Portfolio Manager, Eastern Canada to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working in collaboration with our client, the Colliers team and vendors as appropriate to maximize income and enhance long-term asset value through proactive management efforts reporting directly to the Director, Portfolio Management. The Regional Portfolio Manager will have direct responsibility for the portfolio of properties consisting of industrial, office and retail, located throughout Eastern Canada.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the management of approximately 4 million square feet consisting of over 50 properties.
- Develop a revenue enhancement program for the portfolio in conjunction with the Western Lead and the Account Lead
- Develop a cost reduction program for the portfolio in conjunction with the Western Lead and the Account Lead
- Reviewing operating and capital budgets to align with national goals set by client.
- Responsible for coordinating regional contract services, vendor selection and contract administration.
- Coordinate and manage sustainability programs in line with Sustainability Strategy for the account.
- Collaborate and consult internally to build constructive and effective relationships across functional and regional business units
- Conduct asset reviews in concert with the client and other team members to determine the best go forward plans that will improve economic performance;
- Engage consultants to mitigate risk, by working with the National Team under direction of the Director of Portfolio Management, providing consistent reporting and results.
- Responsibility to consult with the team on capital projects and coordinate larger projects with the appropriate resources provided within Colliers International.
- Review and approve tenant retention programs.
- Partner with the Accounting Team to ensure reporting accuracy and timeliness.
- Collaborate with the Leasing Team to prepare and develop leasing plans and capital plans as well as resolve tenant issues and manage renewals.
- Other duties as required
- University Degree or diploma in business, commerce, or economics.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a commercial real estate environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a senior property manager with supervisory responsibility.
- Commercial real estate accreditation such as CPM or RPA required.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners and clients.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Proven presentation and training skills.
- Experience in YARDI Voyager (integrated accounting) an asset.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.