.NET Developer (2394) Vancouver, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a .NET Developer for a 1-year Contract to join our Vancouver office. The primary role of the .Net Developer will be to work as part of the development team to migrate our MS CRM4.0 Real Estate solution to MS CRM 2013 with additional applications requiring integration. The incumbent will work under the guidance of the CRM Architect and CRM Developer. A key aspect of this project will be custom ASPX.NET development and integration.
As a member of the Information Systems team the incumbent will collaborate with other team members and business users to solve business problems, improve processes and troubleshoot issues by assessing, researching, and analyzing business, technical and system needs. All technology recommendations and solutions must meet business needs.
The incumbent is expected to understand and support strategic goals and/or objectives of the company’s initiatives ensuring every effort is made to accomplish the initiative within approved time frame, scope and budget. In this role the incumbent will be expected to work as part of a team and at times on individual projects.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and analyze functional specifications and help shape them to address our customer deployment needs
- Develop technical specifications for solutions
- Design solutions to meet the requirements, write the technical specification, build and work with quality assurance through delivery of the feature or release
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Deploy and support the Microsoft CRM application and integration with backend services/applications
- Manage source code and versioning
- Work closely with operations engineers to ensure application availability and optimal performance using monitoring and routine health checks
- Document problems and resolutions for future reference
- Maintain the integrity of data in all business applications
- Manage configuration and user security as required in compliance with corporate governance and policies
- Investigate, recommend and install new applications as directed
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
- From time to time after-hours support will be required to support high severity incidents or system deployment
- Other duties as required
- 5 years’ experience developing applications that use SQL Server databases
- Experience developing applications that use .NET (VB.NET, ASP.NET or C#)
- Developing custom .NET web pages and/or web services
- Strong analysis / design skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.