Property Accountant (1353) Vancouver, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
The Colliers property management team provides expert management of assets and portfolios for investors and occupiers to ensure they receive the best possible return from their real estate investment. The team provides services for all property types including commercial, retail, residential and industrial assets.
To maximize the value of our clients’ portfolios, we have assembled a full-service team of professionals, led by experienced Property Managers, to focus on real estate strategy and deliver results to our clients for commercial, residential and residential strata portfolios.
We are currently looking for a Property Accountant to join our Vancouver office team of 12 Property Accountants in the property management division. This position provides direct support to the property management accounting team responsible for all accounting requirements for a portfolio of commercial properties.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Preparation of monthly & year-end journal entries, adjustments and accruals.
- Review of financial aspects of lease set ups and preparation of rental advice notices.
- Annual CAM calculations and corresponding tenant billing adjustments.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly and year-end consolidated statements on an accrual basis.
- Review A/R on a monthly/bi-monthly basis and work with commercial accounts receivable to reconcile larger tenant accounts.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- General ledger account reconciliations and analysis as required.
- Preparation of all subsidiary financial reports (i.e. amortization schedules, progress draws, etc.).
- Effectively communicate financial information to the Accounting Manager, Property Managers, Leasing Agents and Credit Manager.
- Provide financial & analytical assistance to Property Managers.
- Communicating with Owners on a regular basis.
- Preparation of electronic funds transfers.
- Other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager.
- Actively enrolled in CGA/CMA program at minimum 3rd year level.
- Minimum 3 years related property management accounting experience is required.
- Strong spreadsheet skills (Excel) a must, Yardi experience an asset.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.