Commercial Property Manager (2734) Waterloo Region, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Commercial Property Manager in our Waterloo location who will be responsible for the aspects of the management of a portfolio of commercial properties on behalf of Colliers’ clients, including the operation, physical condition and financial performance of all buildings in accordance with applicable management contracts. The size and make-up of the portfolio will be determined by the number of properties, client and owners, the size of the properties, and the level of on-site staff at the properties.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Client Relations/Client Reporting
- Maintain owner relationship and satisfaction through appropriate communication (visual, written and oral).
- Maintain tenant contacts and satisfaction through appropriate communication (visual, written and oral).
- Administer and ensure compliance of the terms of all tenant leases.
- Recommend rental levels by being familiar with marketplace and recommending to owner input on pricing.
- Promote leasing of vacant space, including monitoring efforts of leasing salesperson responsible for same.
- Develop and maintain Tenant User’s Manual.
- Prepare and submit annual operating and capital budgets for owner approval, including comments and assumptions for same.
- Approve payables and establish priorities of payment when necessary.
- CAM and operating expense reconciliation.
- Review monthly financials and prepare comments for owners, recommend corrective action as necessary.
- Review receivables and contact tenants to collect rents in arrears.
- Monitor real estate taxes and assessed valuations to assure proper levels of taxation.
- Control expense commitments and develop expenditure procedures to adhere to budget guidelines.
- Develop and maintain building procedures and supervise building operations, utilizing building staff as appropriate.
- Develop and implement plans and procedures for property security.
- Conduct property inspections.
- Develop and maintain long range plans (rehab/modernization), including maintaining knowledge on competing properties.
Service Contractors and Suppliers
- Negotiate with vendors for cost effective equipment and services including, but not limited to maintenance contracts, and supplies.
- Ensure that adequate inventories of operating and maintenance supplies are on hand.
- Market and promote Colliers services.
- Preparation of proposals and presentations to clients.
- Start up of new management assignments.
- Supervise all on-site personnel.
- Possible supervision of construction management projects as required.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 5 years related property management experience with commercial properties, including retail, office and industrial.
- Continuing involvement with professional organizations such as BOMA, IREM, and ICSC.
- CPM, RPA, CSM designation preferred.
- Excellent client relation skills both with owners and tenants.
- Independent, self-starter, team player. Excellent organizational, prioritization and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure, deal with multiple deadlines, effectively handle stressful situations, deal intuitively with situations, and work with minimal direction/supervision.
- Able to effectively multi-task and be able to recognize and address important and time-sensitive tasks and matters.
- High degree of professionalism and passion for success.
- Excellent working relationship with owners and tenants.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.