Property Accountant (1374) Vancouver, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
The Colliers property management team provides expert management of assets and portfolios for investors and occupiers to ensure they receive the best possible return from their real estate investment. The team provides services for all property types including commercial, retail, residential and industrial assets.
To maximize the value of our clients’ portfolios, we have assembled a full-service team of professionals, led by experienced Property Managers, to focus on real estate strategy and deliver results to our clients for commercial, residential and residential strata portfolios.
We are currently looking for a Property Accountant to join our Residential and Strata department in Vancouver office team of 12 Property Accountants in the commercial property management division.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Preparation of monthly & year-end journal entries, adjustments and accruals.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and assessment fees.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly and year-end consolidated statements on an accrual basis.
- Review A/R on a monthly/bi-monthly basis and work with residential accounts receivable to reconcile larger tenant accounts.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- General ledger account reconciliations and analysis as required.
- Preparation of all subsidiary financial reports (i.e. amortization schedules, progress draws, etc.).
- Effectively communicate financial information to the Accounting Manager, Property Managers, Owners and Strata Councils.
- Provide financial & analytical assistance to Property Managers.
- Communicating with Owners and Strata Councils on a regular basis.
- Preparation of electronic funds transfers.
- Setup of new owners and new assessment fee schedules in Yardi.
- Process move outs for residential tenants.
- Preparation of T2 and T1044 CRA filings.
- Coordinate and assist in year-end audits of Residential and Strata properties.
- Other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager.
- Minimum 3 years related property management accounting experience is required.
- Knowledge of strata property act is an asset.
- Actively enrolled in CGA/CMA program at minimum 3rd year level.
- Strong spreadsheet skills (Excel) a must, Yardi experience an asset.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.