Financial Analyst (1239) Vancouver, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will be responsible for playing a critical role in the Canadian Finance team working closely with the Manager, Budgeting/Financial Analysis and at times with the VP of Finance & Operation to provide timely, sound and accurate financial reporting and analysis for Canadian entities.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Canadian monthly financial report for discussion with the management team.
- Compile and analyze monthly P&L variances. This involves working with local businesses to understand and manage variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Compute financial reporting metrics and analyze financial performance trends.
- Provide weekly pipeline and stark report to management team.
- Perform various business data compilation and summary from our Data Tracking System.
- Analysis of firm production and brokers ranking & comparatives.
- Detail analysis of variable expenses.
- Develop other adhoc reporting and supporting documentation as required.
Strategic Financial Analysis
- Develop, prepare and evaluate rolling forecasts of Revenue and EBITDA on at least a quarterly basis. Detail review of forecast and understanding of the business to evaluate possible risks.
- Be involved in the compilation of the Canadian annual budget process and assist in the detailed review of those numbers.
Financial Analysis and Business Analysis
- Assess business performance as it relates to components of financial metrics.
- Develop business cases for key strategic initiatives.
- Review financial estimates provided by business executives.
- Undertake basic to intermediate financial modeling such as what-if scenarios and the myriad of routine accounting calculations and analysis.
Business Advisor and Project Lead
- Partake in and co-ordinate special projects as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Professional Accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA) highly preferred.
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience in the areas of financial reporting, business/financial analysis, statutory compliance.
- Service industry experience is an advantage. History of exposure to a broad range of financial roles is an advantage. Audit experience considered a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel eg. pivot tables, vlookup, nested formulas, if statements, logical formulas. Basic macros.
- Demonstrated knowledge in database design, querying and reporting (Clarity and Essbase).
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.