Information Systems Analyst (2445) Calgary Region, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for an Information Systems Analyst (ISA) to join our Calgary offices. The successful candidate will be jointly responsible for managing and overseeing the day to day IT operations in the two Colliers Calgary offices. The role includes monitoring the IT infrastructure environment which encompasses Network, Server, Desktop and Service Desk areas and ensuring that the related services, for managing technology and resources are being delivered in an effective and cost effective manner as possible.The incumbent will take direction from the Information Systems and Infrastructure teams. The ISA needs extensive experience with supporting software and hardware, as well as excellent interpersonal, business management and customer-service skills. In addition, this role is also responsible for monitoring and enforcing support, new technology implementation coordination, policies and procedures, tracking and reporting key performance metrics.
The incumbent is expected to understand and support strategic goals and/or objectives of the company’s initiatives ensuring every effort is made to accomplish the initiative within approved time frame, scope and budget. In this role the incumbent will be expected to work as part of a team and at times on individual projects.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the provision and support of infrastructure services in the desktop, server, storage, network and security areas.
- Responsible for managing issue/incident situations from troubleshooting through to resolution, root cause analysis, and making improvement recommendations.
- Provide end user communications for upgrades, incidents and general notifications.
- Issue escalation to service providers and infrastructure support teams.
- Provide input to IT operational budget for the Calgary offices.
- Work directly with internal and external partners, service providers and vendors as projects require and to ensure that contracted services/products are delivered according to defined agreements.
- Participate in various forums and meetings with the national & corporate technology teams.
- Maintain and track hardware and software inventory.
- Set up and configure new desktop systems and maintain desktops & laptops
- Collaborate with the National and Global IT groups in the planning and implementation of IT projects in accordance with existing standards and project requirements.
- Provide user installation, de-installation, support and disaster recovery failures.
- Participate in the training of users on use of network hardware and software.
- Responsible for maintaining the LAN network operations, including limited hardware and software installation and set-up, documentation, administration, technical maintenance and user support.
- Troubleshoot network problems and coordinate preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Perform regular network backups and audits of network to determine integrity and security of system.
- Document all problems in Help Desk system software.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all software licensing requirements.
- Provide input, monitor and implement company policies, procedures and standards to ensure compliance with information systems and company objectives.
- Liaise with Regional Technology Engineers and vendor specialists in seeking solutions to equipment failures.
- Must be able to participate in off-hours maintenance activities from time to time.
- Other duties as required.
- 6-10 years of customer service experience.
- Degree in computer Science or related field or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- MCSE certification preferred.
- Strong, proficient and comprehensive knowledge/experience of Windows Servers, Active Directory Exchange and DNS environments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills. Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.