Property Administrator (1286) Vancouver, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Property Administrator (Residential) to join our Vancouver office for a 10 month contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative and accounting support to internal and external clients.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Cash Receipts & Accounts Receivable
- Assist with rent collection under the guidance of the Senior Property Administrator (SPA) or Senior Property Manager (SPM).
- Tracks utility accounts as required.
- Provides general office support including answering telephone, picking up, opening and distributing mail, ordering supplies, arranging for couriers, faxing, copying and filing and respond to tenant inquires/concerns.
- Daily bank deposit of cash receipts – for example: maintenance fee cheques, special levy cheques, tenant rent cheques, security deposits, owners surplus cheques, other fees.
- Managing the post-dated cheques.
- Recording NSF cheques and fees.
- Preparing, mailing & recording owner specific chargeback as directed by Property Manager including invoicing and miscellaneous charges.
- Preparing owner statements and provide follow up on delinquent accounts.
- Reviewing owner delinquent accounts and corresponding with owner. Provide reconciliations of accounts and working with property accountant and property manager as a team to ensure clients’ interests are being met.
- Coordinating and determining assignment of delinquent accounts with property manager.
- Sorting, Coding and Batching payable invoices for Property Manager’s approval daily.
- Investigate overdue account balances diligently.
- Communicate with accounting staff/vendors/suppliers and contractors as needed.
- Ensure all documentation in place for payment of contracts.
Form F & B Preparation
- Prepare legal documents for conveyancing or subject removal purposes.
- Complying copies of strata documents as requested.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with lawyers, notaries, owners, or realtors.
- Administrative or Accounting background, preferably some accounts receivable experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to draft, edit and format professional business correspondence.
- Ability to take initiative and deal intuitively with situations & work well under pressure and with minimal direction/supervision.
- Good data entry skills high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.