General Manager, Inspection & Project Services (1359) Toronto, Canada
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a General Manager, Inspection & Project Services, Canada to join our downtown Toronto office. The successful candidate will be leading the Inspection and Project Services team responsible for the management and provision of inspection advisory services, as well as project management services in multiple regions across Canada.
This role will be responsible for developing a range of comprehensive advisory services and delivery structure within the Colliers platform, which are focused on providing an enhanced service experience to our external clients and other internal Colliers Canada divisions. This position will drive the growth of this business line and will manage financial performance and business development.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- New business development and expansion of external client base.
- Deliver projects and provide project management expertise when required to other managers and business units.
- Develop, implement and maintain the standards for inspections and project management.
- Implement standards and technology for reporting on overall physical condition of properties building systems, and physical assets.
- Responsible for life cycle analysis, contingency reserve fund planning, occupational health, safety and environmental risk assessments, building sustainability assessments, commissioning and project management.
- Develop and implement standards for reporting on anticipated life cycle needs and projecting capital replacement costs.
- Represent the Colliers Real Estate Management Services group in the industry.
- Ability to perform inspections and building assessments directly and through the expansion of the existing network of advisors across Canada.
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience in management and delivery of projects within the commercial built environment.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of people management and leadership experience, including coaching, training, and mentoring team members.
- Professional or industry accreditations preferred in engineering, building design operations and maintenance, commercial property inspections, sustainability, or project management.
- Knowledge of building codes, health safety and environmental regulations across Canada.
- In-depth knowledge of building operations and systems including system commissioning and de-commissioning derived from management of the commercial buildings.
- Desire to build and grow Colliers standing within the real estate industry at large.
- An exceptional thought leader – is able to help organizations differentiate themselves from competition through innovative and strategic thinking.
- Possesses strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.