Receptionist (2353) Edmonton, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
The Receptionist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to both external and internal clients through the efficient processing of calls, greeting visitors and the handling of information. Representing Colliers as the first point of contact, must at all times act with tact, discretion, enthusiasm and professionalism.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Greet clients professionally in person and over the telephone.
- Direct all incoming calls promptly and accurately.
- Direct all courier packages and incoming faxes promptly and accurately.
- Prepare and take all outgoing mail to mail area in Manulife.
- Provide primary and back up word processing to Marketing/Administrative Assistant.
- Place bi-weekly coffee order.
- Maintain Kitchen area.
- Assist with marketing mail-outs upon approval of Marketing Coordinator.
- Retrieve, open and distribute all incoming mail.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Other duties as required.
- At least two years of experience in a receptionist or administrative role.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain composure and a polite manner under all circumstances.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of switchboards and voice mail systems are an asset.
- Basic knowledge and experience with MS Office products and the Internet is required.
- Demonstrated professional and courteous interpersonal skills (telephone and in-person).
- Is discreet; understands when confidentiality is required.
- High level of energy and initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and highly effective at managing multiple tasks throughout the work day.
- A quick study – is able to learn about the company (people and departments) quickly and accurately.
- Works well independently as well as part of a team.
- Is able to work with minimal supervision.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.