Corporate Accountant - Real Estate Management Services (2647) Vancouver, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for a Corporate Accountant to join our Real Estate Management Services team in our Vancouver office. Reporting directly to the Controller, the Corporate Accountant will support all corporate accounting functions for the national Real Estate Management Services (REMS) Canada corporate accounting office. This position requires the individual to have a solid understanding of divisional and corporate accounting including preparation and review of financial statements, variance analysis, month-end procedures, quarterly reforecasts and annual budgets.
The Corporate Accountant will assist the Controller in the completion of corporate and divisional accounting deliverables with a high degree of accuracy, timeliness, and confidentiality. This position will participate in critical business and management reporting including profitability analysis at a client, divisional, regional and consolidated level, as well as support audit and internal controls and facilities accounting reporting. It is also expected that the Corporate Accountant will support corporate and department initiatives including documentation, process efficiencies, and adoption of system related improvements.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for calculation and validation of critical business and management reporting including profitability analysis for monthly actual, interim forecasts and annual budgets at a client, divisional, regional and consolidated level.
- Prepare, review and analyze corporate and divisional reporting to support the Controller and corporate deliverables including corporate accounting and management reporting.
- Prepare detailed interim and year-end working papers and supporting schedules including general ledger reconciliations and variance analysis, as requested by internal and external auditors.
- Support the internal controls team with audits including Canadian Standard on Assurance Engagements (CSAE) 3416 – “Reporting on Controls at a Service Organization”.
- Work proactively with divisional accountants and regional controllers across Canada to identify issues regarding financial results and reporting, provide guidance where applicable, and escalate issues as required.
- Review and process multi-division expense submissions and uploads, complete reconciliations and follow-up on corporate bank to support monitoring and risk reduction for cash management.
- Reconcile and remit indirect taxes (HST/GST/QST), as required.
- Act as backup support in an accounting capacity to divisional and facilities accountants, as required.
- Support and implement special project initiatives including documentation, process efficiencies, and implementation of system related improvements.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in corporate accounting, divisional accounting, and/or real estate accounting.
- Accounting designation or actively working towards an accounting designation preferred (CMA / CGA / CA / CPA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within, as well as outside the organization.
- Independent, self-starter, and also works well in a team based environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities within structured deadlines and deliverables.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Excellent knowledge and experience related to technology and accounting systems in a real estate environment (Yardi considered an asset).
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, excellent product quality and attention to detail.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.