Operations Manager (2752) Toronto, Canada
About Colliers International
Colliers is the leader in global real estate services, defined by our spirit of enterprise. Through a culture of service excellence and a shared sense of initiative, we integrate the resources of real estate specialists worldwide to accelerate the success of our partners. Putting into action our values of Service, Expertise, Community and Fun, we foster a collaborative, fun culture and give back to the places where we live and work. Our most valuable resource is our people: energetic, innovative thinkers who care equally about doing great work and providing exemplary service to clients and to one another.
We are successful because we enjoy what we do!
Purpose of Position:
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our Toronto office. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and executing the legislative requirements for daily operation, and preventive maintenance of the physical plant, and base building mechanical and electrical systems for a property or group of properties. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for overseeing, and providing technical support to the on-site Service Technicians directly involved in the operation and maintenance of the property/portfolio. The position will schedule and coordinate 3rd party service providers and liaise with consultants directly involved in the delivery of services for the physical plant, resolving base building deficiencies, coordination of building system upgrades, and life-cycle replacement of base building systems and equipment.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and manage the service technicians.
- Determine appropriate training for staff to ensure that skills are developed/maintained relevant to their responsibilities. Ensure that all training, including safety training, is completed in a timely fashion.
- Manage and implement maintenance requirements for the physical plant systems outlined in the approved annual budget plan.
- Develop quotations and tenders for procuring equipment, supplies and specialized services.
- Interview 3rd party service providers and negotiate service agreements for performing specialized maintenance.
- Maintain budgeted spending decisions, and implement purchase orders and contracts within established the guidelines established.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the Service technicians assigned to Preventive Maintenance functions
- Liaise with the General Manager for issues pertaining to physical plant and building systems.
- Oversee and manage base building improvement projects.
- Participate in post construction commissioning and start-up of new systems.
- Identify and resolve mechanical/electrical deficiencies.
- Liaise with consultants and assist with planning for impact of growth within property/portfolio.
- Assist in coordinating access and shut down of buildings systems to accommodate installation of new equipment and interconnection and modification to building systems.
- Coordinate planned maintenance shutdowns of building systems with facilities group.
- Orient and train new staff on building systems and processes.
- Coordinate periodic testing of fire, life safety and building systems in accordance with government regulations and codes.
- Liaise with government inspectors regarding regulatory requirements and inspections of the facility.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience in property management. BES, SMT or equivalent certification with experience in the operation of physical plant systems, including budget management and contract supervision.
- Minimum of 8 years’ industry experience either within a corporate real estate environment or third party provider.
- Strong and effective leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to develop systems/processes and/or teams that are flexible, adaptable and results oriented reaching the goal of maximum efficiency.
- Able to work under pressure, deal with multiple deadlines, effectively handle stressful situations and work with minimal direction/supervision.
- High degree of professionalism and passion for success.
- Independent, self-starter and team player.
- Understands and has a commitment to service excellence in dealing with internal and external clients and partners.
- Valid Driver’s License.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.