Consulting Software Engineer (LEX008BA) Dayton, Ohio
This position exists to develop and lead large & medium multi-functional development activities, solve complex technical problems, write complex code for computer systems and serve as a senior source of expertise and technical leadership.
- Recommends technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise. Participates in development and evolution of architecture.
- Determines feasibility of customer requirements and designs solutions, builds and integrates the implementation.
- Proactively researches and monitors emerging technologies and advancements in the area of expertise, recommends innovative and effective solutions based on advanced research and analysis of findings.
- Builds new high level/advanced designs as required.
- Communicates technical information successfully with technical and non technical audiences such as third party vendors, external customer technical departments, various levels of management and other relevant parties.
- Maintains an understanding of current industry trends through various sources such as webinars, vendor seminars training sessions, etc. Communicates and presents to recognized authority figures and proactively influences and educates members of technical and managerial staff on technology issues and recommendations.
- Develops plans and procedures and establishes guidelines for overall system improvement.
- Acts as a senior source of expertise and mentors less experienced staff on all aspects of multiple system environments, software and system operations.
- Leads medium and large technical development teams to successful implementation of quality code products.
- Coordinates and allocates work assignments effectively to technical staff as appropriate.
- Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Position requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent related technical experience
2. Java developer with knowledge of Oracle database interactions from Java
3. Linux experience preferred but will consider any Unix experience – candidate needs knowledge of how to navigate file systems and how to trouble services running in a Linux environment (memory, cpu, etc)
4. Pl/Sql a plus but not required
5. Experience working with offshore vendors a plus
6. Needs to be a self starter – expectation is that the candidate will need to be willing to learn a lot about the Oracle Idm products with minimal vendor training
7. Willing to work as part of a team