PeopleSoft Technical Consultant (LEX008BC) Dayton, Ohio
LexisNexis is seeking a talented PeopleSoft Technical Consultant to help drive the implementation of our global ERP platform. Join our team of PeopleSoft professionals as we extend our footprint to new business units and new countries. The person chosen will also help us expand our use of PeopleSoft ERP to new areas of our business, including the business processes of order management and fulfillment.
We’re currently seeking someone with experience implementing the PeopleSoft Order Management, Inventory, and Cost Management modules. This person will help lead the initial setup and deployment of these modules to support the Print business within LexisNexis. This work will include the initial configuration of the modules, conversion of data from legacy systems, interfaces to other applications, automation of processes, and design and implementation of additional features and functions as required to meet business needs. This position will be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including setup and execution of conference room pilots, identification and solutions for functional gaps, high-level and detail design, development, testing, and implementation and support.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
1. At least ten years of experience in all phases of PeopleSoft system development is required.
2. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent is required.
3. This individual should have extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft development tools such as PeopleTools, Integration Broker, Application Engine, Component Interface, and Process Scheduler.
4. Experience with companies in the publishing, software, consumer products, legal, or online services industries is preferred.
5. Candidates must be able to demonstrate success in previous projects using PeopleSoft Order Management, Inventory, and/or Cost Management.
6. Applicants should be able to demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems, including analyzing symptoms and causes, identifying and defining the problem to be solved, collecting data, establishing the facts, drawing valid conclusions and developing solutions is key to this position.
7. Applicants must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including good listening, conflict management and negotiation skills.
8. Candidates should demonstrate strong customer service support ethic and focus.
9. Applicants must be able to work and collaborate effectively with people in multiple organizations and countries, including external software vendors and contract developers.