Consulting Analyst (LEX0081D) Dayton, Ohio
This position exists to provide assistance and input to management; develop and lead large multi-functional development activities; solve complex product problems, develop specifications for complex product development scenarios; and serve as a senior source of expertise.
1. Recommends strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise. Participates in development and evolution of online/web-based products.
2. Determines feasibility of customer requirements and designs solutions, and if necessary, builds and integrates the implementation (i.e. defining the goals, objectives, risks, budget and schedule, managing the development of the Product Design Requirements, and the Preliminary Support & Release Plan, and help refine the Marketing Plan and Positioning).
3. Conducts complete analyses and provides recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies on product lines.
4. Provides product assessment and recommends acquisition and joint venture projects.
5. Performs cost/benefit analysis to verify potential effectiveness of new projects.
6. Builds new high level designs as required.
7. Sells ideas to functional top management to gain commitment for product/system enhancements.
8. Recommends and plans use of system and feature functionality.
9. Communicates to vendors additional features or products needed and works with vendors to effect system improvements. 10. Establishes work standards and guidelines.
11. Maintains an understanding of current business trends through attendance at vendor seminars and/or training sessions. Communicates with recognized authority figures and proactively influences and educates members of technical and managerial staff on product issues.
12. Developments plans and procedures and establishes guidelines for overall product improvements
13. Mentors less experienced staff on all aspects of product fabrication and development environments.
-Position requires a Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Science of a related major or equivalent experience.
-Demonstrate an ability to provide product guidance in one or more centers of expertise and interpret the strategic and tactical visions and develop plans for implementation
-Knowledge and/or expertise in multiple disciplines (i.e. product structures, navigation, feature functionality and an expertise in database fabrication tools and processes).
-Ability to teach, mentor, and supervise, as well as communicate with others interpersonally, orally and in writing.
-Ability to lead major product development or enhancement efforts, make decisions which affect multiple area(s), and/or negotiate for resources, dates, etc.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.