Program Manager (LEX008KT) Dayton, Ohio
This is the senior level position in the Program Management organization. The Program Manager is responsible for the leadership of projects or programs that have a high degree of complexity and that may be comprised of multiple projects, lead by individual project managers. The Program Manager is responsible for researching and recommending future directions for the Product Development Process and best practices of project management. The Program Manager is responsible for developing and conducting training for other members of Program Management.
1. Overall understanding of the business strategies as they apply to individual programs to drive a project strategy to meet Business needs.
2. Leadership responsibility for projects assigned to a program. (eg. Review Status Reports, Schedules, Door Reviews and Deliverables)
3. Consult on project management outside of our organization including customers, external companies and third party vendors to facilitate business relationships and program delivery.
4. Manage Program communication and status with LN and GEPD senior management.
5. Release Leadership and planning for all projects and dependencies within a program. (eg. Release Readiness, Release Webteam Management, Conflict Resolution & Program Planning)
6. Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the program.
7. Deliver assigned projects on schedule aligned with the critical needs of the business unit.
8. Be expert in all aspects of the LexisNexis Project Management methodology as well as the LexisNexis Product Development Process.
9. Construct the Work Breakdown Structure for the project/program.
10. Maintain ownership of and accountability for the project and/or program schedule.
11. Provide periodic status reports to management regarding the project
12. Manage all relationships necessary for a successful program/project team
13. Negotiate with management team for program and project resources
14. Proactively mentor members of the Program Management organization to successfully deliver projects and grow professionally.
15. Develop and conduct training for LexisNexis project management
16. Represent Program Management in cross functional teams within the LexisNexis organization
17. Support and promote the benefits of the Product Development Process within the LexisNexis organization.
18. Identifies and makes recommendations for improvement to existing processes and procedures
19. Other duties as assigned
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
1. Project management experience leading large cross functional projects (+5 years)
2. MBA or equivalent experience
3. LexisNexis experience (+5 years) (preferred)
4. PMI or other relevant professional certification (preferred)
5. Software development methodology knowledge
6. MS Project expertise