Back Office PowerInvoice Systems Consultant (LEX008EJ) Dayton, Ohio
As the Back Office PowerInvoice Systems Consultant your key roles and responsibilities will include:
1. Codes proficiently in the required language(s) on simple to moderate complex systems.
2. Performs unit testing based upon test plans generated and reports results to his/her project leader.
3. Writes and reviews portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple to moderate complexity.
4. Interfaces with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements. Works under Direction of team lead
5. Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of expertise.
6. Writes and reviews portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple to moderate complexity.
7. Finds and recommends opportunities for continuous improvement.
8. Consults within project teams to ensure integrity of existing fabrication processes.
9. Other duties as assigned.
This position is part of the LexisNexis Legal & Professional Global Technology Organization (GTO), which is responsible for the Legal & Professional global technology strategy, bringing together the company’s applications, product platforms and business systems to deliver LexisNexis world-class content to its customers in innovative ways. GTO is working to transform LexisNexis to leverage technology and processes globally, support new products/ services, and improve the customer experience through effective and efficient delivery of business architecture and strategy.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis� and Nexis� services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
• 3 - 5 years relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a cooperative team environment with internal & vendor resources.
• Good Technical Knowledge (coding, testing)
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to make decisions with management approval
• Ability to provide both detail information and also summarize to a management level.
• Ability to work through problems and reach a workable solution
• Ability to work in ambiguous situations on problems / project of simple to moderate complexity
Technical Skills required:
What we are looking for in you:
- Provides technical expertise for Back Office applications including: (Oracle ERP applications: (PowerInvoice)
- Proficient in Oracle Database technology, Eclipse, Tomcat, JAVA, Stored Procedures, UNIX/Perl scripting, PL SQL, Toad, and DataStage.
- Assure architecture, design, and programming standards are followed for assigned applications
1. Ability to work with Internal Customers
2. Ability to provide oversight to vendor resources when assigned.
3. Ability to create Functional Requirements from Business Requirements
4. Ability to learn large, simple-to-moderate complexity systems
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
2. Quarterly 401K Match
3. Paid Time Off
4. Paid Holidays
5. Two Paid Volunteer Days
6. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
7. Employee Assistance Program
8. Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter
9. Spending Accounts