Human Resources Generalist (00016) Lanham, Maryland
|Salary:||GBP55000 - GBP65000 per annum|
Human Resources Generalist
From major industry trade shows to high profile events and high quality exhibits that produce lasting results, Hargrove helps corporations, non-profits and government agencies bring their vision to life. Hargrove is a certified, woman-owned business and one of the top 20 companies in the U.S. focused on providing a tailored and flexible service approach to the more than 1,000 tradeshow, event and exhibit clients it serves annually.
We are looking for an HR Generalist to be responsible for providing strategic and tactical guidance and support in all areas of human resources including payroll. We are seeking a candidate that is client-focused, self-motivated and has the ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels within the organization. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of providing strategic support that focuses on enhancing organizational performance, developing a competent and committed workforce and building organizational capabilities that directly impact business results.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Partner with hiring managers to drive effective recruitment solutions to effectively hire A talent into the organization.
- Oversee regional recruitment, sourcing, screening, interviewing and hiring recommendations of quality candidates using cost-effective sourcing methods and recruitment practice guidelines.
HRIS Administration :
- Maintain and update all employee information in Payroll and HRIS systems. This includes new hires, terminations, salary actions, and general updates.
- Maintain and update HRIS system as needed to accommodate changes in processes, policies and procedures.
- As needed provide analytical reporting and analysis as requested by the Director of HR and the Executive Management team.
Affirmative Action Planning/EEO Compliance :
- Coordinate yearly Affirmative Action Plan. Develop recruiting strategies and partnerships to support plan requirements.
- Coordinate yearly Vets100A and EEO1 reporting.
- Monitor compliance updates and regulations and communicate changes to Director of Human Resources and Executive Management team.
Payroll Support :
- Work with Payroll Manager to update weekly Payroll requests. Enter all employee information into payroll system including new hires, transfers, terminations, promotions, salary actions, etc.
- Provide back up support in processing weekly Union, HQ, and Caverns payroll processing.
Employee Relations :
- Be the main point of contact for all employee relations issues. Work on events and communications. Partner with marketing .
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. PHR/SPHR/SHRM Certification a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and work experience as an HR Generalist with 5+ years of experience with talent management, organizational design, change management, employee relations, recruitment and retention, performance management, benefits administration, policies and procedures and legal compliance.
- 2-4 years of payroll experience
- Aligns HR activities to the business by prioritizing activities and balancing short-term decisions to achieve strategic long-term goals.
- Retains the ability to translate strategic opportunities into specific action plans.
- A demonstrated track record of building collaborative relationships and lasting business partnerships across the global environment. Builds effective networks and alliances.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; an ability to objectively analyze current practices, identify process improvement opportunities and successfully influence and implement appropriate changes.
- Knowledge of Federal and Maryland state labor laws and the ability to apply those legal requirements to complex situations in the work place.
- The ability to serve multiple customers and manage a wide variety of tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Hargrove uses dynamic creativity, unparalleled service and an unwavering focus on quality to create world-class trade shows, special events and custom exhibits for our clients. Our unique solutions are not only customized to meet each client’s specific needs and goals, but delivered by a dedicated team focused on success. At Hargrove, our customer’s success is our success. Come join our team.
Hargrove, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.