Sr Systems Analyst Programmer (247) Manteca, California
DFV Wines is a family-owned California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. DFV Wines is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the DFV Wines portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, HandCraft Artisan Collection, La Merika, First Press, Bota Box, Massimo, Irony, Domino and Twisted.
This positions responsibility include determining complex user requirements, providing appropriate automated solutions, recognizing opportunities for technological improvement and optimization, support, and servicing various users throughout the company. The systems environment includes Windows, .NET, ABAP.
Duties/Essential Job Functions:
- Gather and organize complex requirements from general users and various levels of management.
- Design, create and maintain complex programs and reports, using ASP.Net, ABAP, Visual Basic, HTML, and SQL Server 2012.
- Thoroughly understand in-house SQL databases and user Interfaces.
- Actively investigate new tools and methods to support and improve the computing environment.
- Mentor junior team members by providing training and consulting on projects.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Provides Business Relationship Managers with progress reports regarding their requests.
- Provide team members and management with ongoing status of all activities and issues.
- Escalate issues to appropriate management by recognizing severity and impact on users and other IT systems.
- Efficiently manages time for completing urgent requests.
- Provide backup for team members where needed.
- Ensure that all project activities are thoroughly documented and current.
- Utilize Version Control to organize and secure all development projects.
- Utilize appropriate tools for above duties.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training/experience, plus other computer course work and/or on-the-job training
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems or equivalent experience.
- Solid foundation of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of five years of experience with ASP, ABAP, HTML, Visual Basic or .Net tools.
- Minimum of five years experience utilizing SQL Server (or equivalent): queries; stored procedures; views, DTS, and analysis.
- Minimum three years experience with structured development methodology.
- Two years experience in manufacturing and financial applications.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are an absolute must have.
Delicato offers its employees a very generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.