Windows Support Tech (DNS, NOC) (BBBH1164) Austin, Texas
|Salary:||USD15 - USD18 per hour|
We are a leading provider of colocation, managed hosting, private cloud computing and disaster recovery services. We are a fast growing company, which presents lots of opportunities for professional growth and exposure to leading edge technologies like virtualization and SAN technology. Our state-of-the-art Austin Data Center features the highest levels of security, redundancy, reliability, and technical expertise We are an Austin-based company and employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, technical training, and a fantastic environment.
We are looking for a full-time NOC Tech who will be responsible for assisting customers that require technical assistance with Microsoft or Linux servers, monitoring the operation of the data center, and controlling physical access to the data center.
- Directly responsible for answering customer inquiries in person, on the phone and electronically
- Monitor data center and network and report problems to customers and network engineering staff in a timely manner
- Manage physical security of the data center authentication/authorization of guests and visitors
- Provide timely and accurate communication of issue status and resolution to the customer
- Accurately and professionally document all communication with the customer
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies
- TCP/IP Internetworking
- Telecommunications troubleshooting
- Technical support for Microsoft Servers and Clients
- Technical support for Microsoft applications including Exchange, SQL Server, etc.
- Technical support for Linux operating systems for servers
- HP and Cisco hardware configuration and maintenance
- Communication skills (face-to-face, phone, and email) with the ability to provide support to customers and work with our engineers and staff
- Ability to respond quickly in emergency situations and persistence to work until the issue is resolved
- Willingness to work independently and with a team
Flexibility to work a regular schedule that may include evenings, overnights, or weekends (several shifts are currently available).