Linux Administrator (LAMP) (BBBH1143) Austin, Texas
|Salary:||USD60000 - USD70000 per year|
We are a very profitable, liberal, recession-proof organization headquartered in South Austin. We work hard and play hard.
100% paid medical benefits
Fully-equipped gym with yoga classes
Linux Systems Administrator (LAMP experience)
• Maintains production Apache and MySQL (LAMP) servers for both corporate and development environments.
• Provides occasional desktop support and technical expertise for internal corporate users and their supporting applications.
• Provides support for switches, security solutions, VPNs, load balancers, and network management tools for both the corporate and production LAN/WAN.
• Assists in self-audits to determine solutions for network security and PCI/DSS issues.
• Provides recommendations on enhancements to the infrastructure to improve reliability and performance, reduce cost, and proactively manage company growth and acquisition.
• Assists with design and support of enterprise network devices and services.
• 3+ years’ experience as a Linux Network/Systems administrator, working in a large enterprise environment with increasingly complex and progressive experience.
• Ability to work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as needed.
• Some experience with Cisco Switch, Router, VPN, firewall, and Load Balancing equipment preferred.
• Expert level Linux, Apache and MySQL server experience.
• Solid experience and understanding of reporting protocols and monitoring tools – nagios, solarwinds, netflow, sflow, ntop, splunk, etc.
• Ability to develop and maintain shell scripts to aid in the testing of the network systems.
• Superior problem-solving and analytical skills, ability to triage and execute tasks independently with minimal need for supervision.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility by embracing change; adapting communication style to setting; investigating and implementing alternate approaches to resolve difficult problems.
• Candidate must be able to interact with end-users in a professional and efficient manner.
• Experience administering and supporting Windows operating systems is helpful.