BSA (BBBH1171) Austin, Texas
|Salary:||USD40 - USD48 per hour|
Long term contract opportunity for a Business Analyst to review, analyze, and evaluates business systems and user needs using PMBOK methodologies. The Business Analyst will be assigned to one Project
Manager and work on technology projects that will include implementation a Business Intelligence Tool and integration between a new outage management system and an existing Mobile Workforce product. The project team
· Perform Business Process Reengineering and identify new applications of technology to business problems to make the business more effective.
· Perform Business Process mapping.
· Prepare solution options, risk identification, and gap analysis.
· Develop training manuals/materials.
· Prepare and document functional specifications and assist in developing technical specifications.
· Work with IT, business personnel, and external vendors to understand and implement requirements.
· Has performed as a lead Business Analyst in one or more Electric Utility technology projects.
· Knowledge of organizing, planning and prioritizing work
· Skilled in performing structured business analysis on medium to large projects
· Skilled in analysis, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making
· Skilled in teamwork, communication, innovation, adaptability, and decision making, along with a customer focus, results orientation, and business sense.
· Skilled in business or technical writing as evidenced by previous work-related experience
· Ability to recognize a problem and solve it.
· Comfortable with tight deadlines
· Unwavering focus on details and quality
· Proficient in MS Word and Visio.
· Experience working with outage management systems
· Knowledge in the Electric Utility Smart Grid technologies
· Experience working with mobile work management systems
· Experience working with Business Intelligence tools
· Knowledge of Microsoft Project Server and SharePoint