Technical Writer (hardware & software) (1001 - Technical Wri) Cedar Park, Texas
|Salary:||USD50000 - USD60000 per year + DoE|
Privately-owned, profitable and growing like crazy. Join this Fast 50 Company and enjoy our jogging trail, work/life balance and Health/Dental/Vision benefits.
Scope of Responsibility
The Technical Writer will report to the Technical Communications Manager and will create and sustain customer documentation, as well as document internal production and repair procedures.
- Work with the operations team to create and update internal procedure documents (such as build, QA checks and repair instructions).
- Work with engineers to create user manuals and training material.
- Create and manipulate images for documentation.
- Create videos to demonstrate tasks.
- Work with Business Development and Product Support to improve customer training materials and user manuals.
- Contribute to customer knowledge wiki with relevant articles.
- Participate in a peer editing process.
- Create new FrameMaker templates and maintain/update existing ones.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a release directory by keeping all files organized with proper naming conventions, numbering and so forth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or similar discipline with 5+ years of technical writing experience.
- Must be competent in FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, and graphics production software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Experience with Adobe Communications Suite (especially RoboHelp), DITA authoring, XML editors, Photoshop, JIRA, and Confluence is a plus.